Paul Körting´s company logo was modernised over the years and about three could be found the records of the family business.
It can be argued if this was the first official logo of the company due to the start of the business during the German empire in 1864. The company added the wording “Sägewerk & Holzhandlung” to the name later on. Steam engines were seen as modern back in 1864 and therefore the company stressed this feature as it was operating the sawmill with steam engines.
The logo needed to be modernised and the font style adjusted over time. The new logo was designed less in a handwritten style and easily readable. The additional words “Dampfsägewerk” was changed to “Sägewerk & Holzhandlung” as the second industrial revolution changed the whole industry again.
During the last decade of the traditional business, the logo changed the last time its font style in order to modernise the appearance. The new director of the company was called Herbert and not Paul anymore but the additional wording of “Sägewerk & Holzhandlung” stayed with the name.
The company shut down in 1989 and Herbert Körting sadly died with his company as the last director operating the business. His daughter Sabine Körting Winskowski and husband Jürgen Winskowski considered continuing the business but the obstacles at that time were simply too high.